Monday, October 1, 2012

Unanswered Prayers

In the last little bit I have found myself praying hard then ever,
for comfort
for guidance
and just for help.

and it's been sort of disheartening that I haven't been getting much of an answer.

Until last week, I was driving.. listening the the only radio station in Sanpete County which plays just about a little of every kind of music and one of my old favorites came on: Unanswered Prayers by Garth Brooks. and it just hit me way hard! I have always loved this song but it was exactly what I needed to hear and fit perfectly in my mind and mended my heart. I am so grateful for the tender mercies Heavenly Father blesses me with every day. I know he is always cares and is always listening whether it be when I'm kneeling down at my bedside at night or driving in the car listening to Garth Brooks. He is aware of all of our thoughts, our trials and our hardships and he will never leave us defenseless. Sometimes the very trials he lets us endure are the ones that will define us and make us into the person we are supposed to be.


"Sometimes I thank God for unanswered prayers
Remember when you're talkin' to the man upstairs
That just because he doesn't answer doesn't mean he don't care
Some of God's greatest gifts are unanswered prayers "

No comments:

Post a Comment